Friday, August 20, 2010

ahh yes

so i think im 50/50 on the calorie counting and logging. i need need to get in the right mindset so as i sit here pondering do i go blowdry my hair and head out to see if theres a band playing tonight, i better just go to bed. get some much needed sleep and tomorrow hit the gym! i tried the crantastic margarita tonight from the hungry girl happy hour cookbook YUM needed more tequila less blending but all in all it was good. and i got a prevention small cookbook today that had a yummy chili recipe in it. my most recent goal is to make my own homemade to go meals at about $1 a serving and 300-350 calories. this week i made a stew:
Recipe
1lb Louis Rich Ground Turkey (commy sells this for $1 in freezer section)
1 lb mixed frozen veggies
1 large can of tomato sauce
1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
I added half a onion and a tomato that was about to go bad, some minced garlic and yum~
5 servings 1.5c each i put them in my mason jars and took a jar and bowl to work!
so maybe when i decide to have a clean spotless kitchen and enough storage containers i will do 3 or 4 different recipes like this and not feel the need for nutrisystem :) my checkbook will love me more!

1 comment:

  1. One of my easy, healthy favorites is a pork roast with a can of chili ready tomatoes in the crock pot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, shred and let cook another hour or 2 if you have the time. I put this in serving sizes in containers to freeze (even freezer bag works though). Then we can take it from the freezer to work for lunch or for dinner in 10 min.
    We like this in corn tortillas as tacos, quesadilas, in a salad with black beans.
    It can also be done with bbq sauce.
    We didn't care for it with the italian tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete