Monday, October 22, 2012

Crossfit update and weekend round up

Whew I have been a busy person! First off, I decided Crossfit wasn't the right decision for me. I was having a hard time getting the right form and getting anxious over being weak or super slower than everyone else.  I know that it was only MY issue, no one treated me different they actually cheered me on. I may try it again another time but I want to focus on getting my running endurance and speed back. Crossfit and Half marathons both take a lot of energy and I can't do both at the same time. I am at peace with my decision.

Saturday I did a zombie 5k that was an awesome "group on" deal, only $15. I thought this was the one that zombies chased you but I was wrong. It was a zombie run. Thankfully they had volunteers painting faces for the runners! Another super cool thing about this run, it was my friend, Noreen's first 5k!!!! She already picked Her first half marathon :) Here's how I looked prior to running.

The rest of my Saturday flew by. I had Berkley's girl scout investiture in the afternoon, so cute. Then I had my friend Sarah's wedding that evening. It ended been a cold night but we were only on the beach for the ceremony and the reception was indoors. It was awesome and I ate non paleo but enjoyed myself and I'm very happy for my friend's happiness!  Oh and I totally suck in the photo booth! I look drunk, high, or half asleep in most of the pics. So embarrassing, sigh.

Sunday I woke up late and ran into church. I really love my church and my soul needed some Newbreak in it. During coffee break I noticed another sub wife so I moved over to sit with her and there was a group of Hampton wives there! Score it is good to stick out these underways with each other. After church we had our FRG (family readiness group) Halloween party. The weather was not cooperating, but thankfully my prayers for no rain were answered. We had crafts, a pinata, lots of cookies and cupcakes (that I was able to avoid). I was in charge of the pinata! Fun times :) 

I was put on call Sunday night, which was another answered prayer. I was able to stay home and help finish up Berkley's ancestor project for school and be home with the kids. I also had dinner with another boat wife, and made smart choices! 

This day started out great with a commisary run to get some veggies to go along with all the chicken I will be cooking up this week. Hit the gym and burned some great calories, ran into a fellow nurse there too. Loving Chuze fitness, great gym with a great price! Then I did my little bit of co-leader duties for the Brownie troop. We headed to the local pumpkin patch and momma got to drive some 2nd grade brownies. Here is my sweet little girl wanting a HUGE pumpkin. 

I plan to start blogging more so here is to me eating right and hitting the gym :)

No comments:

Post a Comment