Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Jacob’s ladder and working out with the kids!

I was excited that I was able to get home by 4 today and relax a little bit work on my lactation educator course. We made the kids shepard’s pie for dinner and spaghetti squash (in the microwave) with chorizo and black bean soup over it, so delish. Tonight as I headed to the gym both of my teens wanted to come! Score mom is making a difference in her kiddos! So off we went and on the drive to the gym I decided today would be the day I tackled it got over my fear of the jacob’s ladder!
Have you done this before? As seen on biggest loser! OMG I read the directions and climbed on up. After two minutes I thought I was going to DIE, it was so so hard!!! I talked to myself, yes sometimes I have to be my own cheerleader. I convinced myself to get to 5 mins and I could get off. At minute 4 I talked myself into 10 minutes. I was able to do it, as I was trying to do positive self talk I started letting negative talk in too. I started telling myself well if you only do 5 minutes today you can do 6 tomorrow and work up to 10 minutes. But I kept on with it and man those 10 mins were tough! I will try to work on it more in the future.  Lots of sweat and calories burnt!
                                                
After cardio we have been hitting up the machine room to do the inner/outer thighs and next to the machine was a bosu. My daughter, Ari, asked what the bosu can be used for. So I demonstrated squats on it and had her do some. It was kinda funny to watch her get on a bosu for the first time, probably about the same way I looked the first time I got on one, but I was able to capture her firsts :) isn’t that what moms are for?





No comments:

Post a Comment