Monday, February 18, 2013

My poor feet!!!!

I have mentioned that I am sufferring from plantar fascitis. For those that don't know what it is, here is a picture...
So so painful!!! So when the pain becomes minimial I have attempted a run, the results limping and severe pain the rest of the day. After cheering on my friend Jody in her first half marathon last week I started craving that feeling of accomplishment and another medal for my brag wall. So I have started being more proactive with the treatment.

This week Jody, my friend I cheered on during her first half marathon last week, showed up for a thank you gift for me! I was just being an awesome friend, and she wanted to return the favor. I think secretly she wants to see me running again. She brought me two gifts.

This momma gets to go to the shoe dog and get some new shoes!!!! I keep wondering if my awesome Brooks are what caused my foot to bother me. I didn't run enough in the 90 day trial period which if you are a VIP at RRS you can return your shoes if they are not for you within 90 days. Super sad face here! What shoes are you running distance in? Thanks again Jody!!! I am so ready to get to Georgia and start up a running group. I need any advice on that as well! I have a few women interested in couch to 5k group, can not wait to meet new women who share an interest in running.

1 comment:

  1. I just came across our blog through Katie's blog (Runs for Cookies). I, too, suffer from plantar fasciitis. I just finished my fourth treatment of cold laser therapy with my chiro - and it has made a big difference. I got a great deal because he just bought another laser and wanted to test it out (90 day trial period). Normally, he charges $50 per visit. I paid $25. (Insurance doesn't cover this treatment.) I also have inserts for my sneakers. And I roller ball thing to stretch it out. I used a Strasburg sock in the past while sleeping, but it made my toes cramp. My new foot doctor said we will try a different night splint that doesn't yank on the toes. I haven't ran regularly since last June when my heel was so bad I could hardly walk. I'm starting a No Boundaries 5K training group in March. It is a 12 week program with weekly group runs and a 5K race at the end. I look forward to reading more about you in your blog!

    ReplyDelete