Sunday, June 9, 2013

It’s almost June 15th

and I will be able to relax and have some more free time.  I may have mentioned on here before I started a Lactation Educator course April 1st. It was an attempt to fatten up my resume so I could look for a job in women’s health. Well I started my new job April 6th, so I didn’t need it for my resume but it is a HUGE bonus for working with new families (yes families, everyone can help a mom nurse her baby). The problem is the class is online with no deadlines, for someone who loves to procrastinate, well that is just a bad combo.

Onto my weight and fitness...well I debated never blogging again. I feel like a broken record when it comes to the scale, my “new” way of eating etc. I mean I have tried almost every diet plan out there starting with Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, medifast, medical weight loss center with prescription meds, you name it I have probably done it.  I have not tried nutrisystem though. Anyhow about a month ago I went to my doctor for a podiatry consult and had a laundry list of things to discuss with him. I raised the question of getting a lapband, his reply was how many carbs are you eating on paleo. I started rattling off my go to paleo foods. He said stop eating bananas, he went on to tell me he had lost 60 lbs on southbeach in order to join the navy. My next step was research.
I joined southbeach diet online and started researching, I was overwhelmed. So I bought the book, and my friend Dee sent me 2 books. One had a inspirational message, I love and miss my friends from Cali! Finally I felt I could do it, I did the 2 weeks of phase 1 and lost about 8 lbs. In the mean time my 2nd diet bet finished and I lost out on the pot by 1.4 lbs. Todd thinks I should join another one, but I feel like I am just throwing my money away and he thinks it’s motivational.

So here I am, supposed to be on phase 2 of southbeach but I am feeling very blah about it and thinking I should just eat healthy and stay in my calorie range of 1550 calories and be more active and lift weights!

What do you think? Diet bet round 3? Southbeach vs calorie counting? Well I am off to meet a friend for a walk, tonight I will get my run in because it is officially Half marathon training!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're making good progress which is great! I'm so happy for you. I've been doing Paleo and try to keep my carbs at 100g. I too have dropped bananas & yogurt. It's been going pretty well. Unfortunately beer is also carbs!

    ReplyDelete