Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happy!!!

So I have been telling my hubby that he should buy me race entries or training groups for presents and it has happened! I have sat down and wrote out what races I want to do through Feb, I was going to do the Girls on the Run Sparkle and Shine 5k this Sunday. So Todd and I were scanning the active website for races since I can run one the 12,13, or 19th this month. I really wanted to do the ROC race but the entry fee is $75, ouch! Then I saw the Run like a mother 5k and I was like hey this can be my mother's day gift! I want to start spending $40 on races vs eating out. Men are not allowed to run, but to cheer on the moms! I'm pretty excited, I'm going to use it as a starting point for getting back into running and I'll run it again next year to compare times. Anyhow here is Sunday's run!

Before Sunday I will be enjoying a FUN run with Road Runner Sports and hopefully win something! Check this one out and see if you have one in your area.

Oh and recap on hiking Cowles again. Saturday I met my friend Jody there for her first hike up. She was so worried she wasn't going to make it to the top, I knew she could she's a calorie burning momma in the gym. My 14 year old daughter, Ari, also joined us. We took it pretty slow and enjoyed taking pictures along the way and at the top. Her mom said I made a Cowles hiking monster, she has already been back and made it up and down in less than an hour!!! Go Jody! I'm going to get my butt handed to me next time I hike with her. I am so proud of my daughter! I really can not wait until she starts loving running and we can race together. Isn't she sooo pretty!

At the top of cowles, 1591 ft!

No comments:

Post a Comment