Friday, February 10, 2012

OH MY YUM-O

So today I went to the commissary after work, hmmm don't know if that is worse than going hungry or what. I spent a tad bit more than I wanted to since I put us on a budget (still a loose one but need to tighten it up). I came home with brussel sprouts (new to me), fresh green beans, asparagus, and cucumbers in the veg dept. I have decided to shop on a weekly basis so now I have to fit in cooking all these vegs before they go bad.

Tonight for dinner I made this recipe called Chickpea stew over couscous. It was pretty good, basically it was a can of chickpeas, stewed tomatoes, olive oil, onion, garlic all on top of couscous. I was shocked how many points chickpeas are!!! disappointing. 

Anyhow the highlight of my day was the hubs buying me my SUPER COOL new Paul Frank skull candy ear buds that have a cloth cord vs the plastic.  Second highlight, homemade Larabar balls! I follow Katie's blog www.runsforcookies.com and she made them today so I was like oh I have dates, little to I know my dates (chopped dates from near the raisin section in grocery store) are really dry. Anyhow I throw the 8oz bag of dates in the food processor with 1/3 c coconut, 3 T cocoa powder, 1/2 slivered almonds. blended and made into balls, oh ya since my dates weren't moist I added in almost 1/4c of almond milk. YUM!!!!!!!! 

Well off to bed for my long run tomorrow!!!! My friend Dee's husband joined our group and will be heading out with us in the morning! I have my cool interval timer and can't wait to run with it again! Have a great, healthy weekend!!! 

1 comment:

  1. For brussels sprouts, small compact ones are best. Slice them in half and roast them until they're caramelized, and then toss them with a little balsamic vinegar. OMG, best stuff ever.

    ReplyDelete